It is the policy of DiveCo Marine Ltd to ensure commitment and environmental leadership in all of its construction activities.
DiveCo Marine operate a UKAS certified Environmental Management System accredited to ISO 14001:2015.
The Company is committed to a responsible approach to minimising the effects of its operations on the environment and has implemented an environmental management in order to effectively manage the environmental risks, activities and services.
We continuously seek to improve the environmental performance with reference to the following key objectives:
- Identify and comply with the letter and the spirit of all appropriate legislation and regulations
- Identify, evaluate and seek to reduce the environmental effects associated with the Company’s operations
- Reflect the needs and views of our client and stakeholders in developing and delivering this policy
- Ensure the responsible use of energy, water and natural resources with the minimisation of waste
- Promote the use of sustainable or recycled sources for materials such as timber and aggregates
- Promote responsible and efficient use of resources and reuse and recycling to mitigate wastage, placing particular emphasis on paper, fuel, energy and construction materials
- Minimise the risk of pollution by waste products and toxic substances
- Prevent or otherwise minimise disturbance of the local community, wildlife and natural features by controlling nuisance such as noise, vibration, light, dust, mud, odours and traffic
- Minimise the likelihood and severity of environmental incidents by employees, subcontractors and suppliers, by acting preventatively and periodically testing emergency arrangements
- Undertake continuous monitoring and improvement of the Company’s environmental management processes
- Learn from our successes and from incidents, sharing best practice with others.
- Work as one team with our customers, contractors, regulators, suppliers and with each other to achieve our vision.
Specific arrangements for the implementation of this policy will be addressed within the appropriate Company Procedures.
This environmental policy provides a framework for setting, monitoring, reviewing and achieving our objectives, programmes and targets.
Customer service is an essential part of the environmental process and to ensure this is fulfilled, all employees receive training to ensure awareness and understanding of the environment and its impact of the products or service in which we provide.
To ensure the company maintains its awareness for continuous improvement, the environmental system is regularly reviewed by “Senior Management” to ensure it remains appropriate and suitable to our business. The Environmental System is subject to both internal and external annual audits.