“Social Responsibility” means the way that DiveCo Marine Ltd, affects the communities in which it operates, or from which it acquires its products, through its policies and practices involving any of the following:
- Environmental impact
- Client and Supplier work-place conditions and employment practices
- Community affairs
- Diversity in employment
The operational and ultimate responsibility for the commitment to our corporate social responsibility principles lie with top management, but all our employees are expected to give their full co-operation to the agreed principles in their activities at work.
The remit of top management is to:
- Review and evaluate management’s goals, initiatives, and practices for Social Responsibility.
- Recommend goals, initiatives, and practices for Social Responsibility to the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of top management are:
- To identify and bring to the attention of the Board key Social Responsibility issues that may affect the business operations, brand image or reputation of the Company.
- To re-evaluate Social Responsibility, from time to time, considering changes in public perception, industry best practices, and evolving priorities and needs in the communities where the Company does business.
- To provide overview of Social Responsibility Authority and Funding.
Top management shall have all authority necessary or implied to carry out its duties and responsibilities
Management shall meet as often as necessary to fulfil its functions but no less than twice a year.
Our policy and actions towards best practice of CSR are as follows:
The protection of our environment is a key part of our values and principles, and we consider. We will ensure that we reduce our environmental impact by:
- Reducing all our transportation requirements wherever possible and utilising public transport and conference call facilities.
- By using vehicles that are regularly serviced and checked with regards to their emission levels and economically use their fuel.
- Sourcing and buying locally to save fuel costs wherever possible.
- Ensuring that all lights and equipment is switched off when not required.
- Ensuring that water is used efficiently.
- Using scrap paper for drafts and notes.
- Printing in mono and double sided wherever possible.
- Recycling all waste (shredding all business documentation).
- Sourcing recycled materials wherever possible.
- Working with like-minded suppliers who take steps to minimise their environmental impact.
We will deal responsibly, openly, and fairly with clients and potential clients by:
- Ensuring that all our advertising and documentation regarding the business and its activities are clear, informative, legal, decent, honest, and truthful.
- Being open and honest about our products and services and telling customers what they want to know, including what we do to be socially responsible.
- Avoiding pressure selling techniques.
- Ensuring that if there is an issue, we will acknowledge the problem and deal with it.
- Listening to our clients so we improve the products and services we offer.
- Respecting client confidentiality.
- Ensuring that we benchmark and evaluate what we do to improve our competitive edge.
We will deal responsibly, openly, and fairly with suppliers by:
- Using local suppliers as much as possible.
- Paying within agreed timescales.
Diversity in Employment
We are committed to:
- Treating people regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion and belief sex and sexual orientation.
- Promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Preventing discrimination.
Corporate Responsibility Objectives
- Protect the interests of the Board through responsible business decisions that reflect the integrity of the brand in both the short and long term.
- Improve the environmental performance of DiveCo, our supply chain and our industry.
We will achieve these results by:
- Continuously improving the corporate responsibility programs in all aspects of our business.
- Setting corporate responsibility goals and targets and measuring performance.
- Working with our employees, supply chain, shareholders, and local communities to strengthen our social impact and minimise our environmental impact.
- Complying with all applicable legal requirements, industry best practices and meaningful and rigorous voluntary standards.
Policies and Procedures
The policy provides principles which employees are expected to adhere to and to advocate in the performance of their corporate duties. The policy sets forth expectations of employees, including compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. This policy sets expectations in areas such as potential conflicts of interest.
All employees are required to review the policy upon hire to make sure that they understand these standards. Except where prohibited by local law, employees must confirm their understanding of the policy and either confirm their compliance with this policy or report any exceptions or violations of which they are aware.
DiveCo provides employees with means to anonymously report ethical or other concerns. Matters reported through these mechanisms are evaluated and, if necessary, investigated as appropriate. We are focused on implementing and enhancing our policies and procedures relating to environmental protection and social impacts.
Key policies, embedded within our operations, include:
- Quality Assurance Policy
- Equality & Diversity Policy
- Human Right Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Health & Safety Policy
- Anti-Bribery Policy
- Anti-Slavery Policy
This policy shall be reviewed annually.